by Ellek Máthé
Variations on a theme
- Find a number of pictures (6-10) that are not very different in theme. (For example landscapes of various places.) Place them so that each student can see them well.
- Ask the students to choose one of the pictures and write a description of it within a given time limit.
- When they are done, put all the descriptions on the wall/board.
- Give each picture a letter and each description a number, and ask students to match them.
- If you want to make it into a competition, you can award a point for ech correct guess, and give the author of a description points according to the number of students who guessed his/her description correctly.
- You can also take these descriptions home and get valuable data on the common mistakes in your group.
Portada | Vocabulary | Idioms | Slang | Songs | Poems | Grammar | Hollidays | Biographies | Today-History
Recepies | Proverbs | Jokes | Readings | Phrasals | Quizzes | Writings | Penpals